What is Holistic Therapy?
Holistic therapy has been used as an alternative treatment for centuries all over the world and has been known to treat a number of conditions, including physical, psychological and emotional issues. It’s a non-invasive treatment, which acts as an alternative to western medicine. This method of ‘hands-on healing’ has been effectively used for centuries
Holistic therapy looks at the body and mind as a whole, hence the name (‘Holistic’ which derives from the Greek word holos, meaning ‘whole’), rather than just addressing immediate symptoms and so therapists will consider the current physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual states of health and wellbeing. They will then work to restore the body’s natural balance. leading to a more sustained and rewarding quality of life.
What are the benefits of holistic therapy?
Holistic therapies can provide multiple physical and emotional health benefits. The benefits may vary depending on the type of therapy chosen and the area which is being treated. Results will also vary from person to person. Holistic therapy has been known to help with:
* Easing anxiety and stress
* Balancing emotions
* Increasing confidence
* Improving sleep pattern
* Pain relief
* Relieving muscular tension, fatigue & spasms
* Easing joint stiffness and inflammation
* Improving muscle function and joint mobility
* Increasing cellular activity to assist tissue recovery
* Regulates hormone levels
* Encouraging detoxification of lactic acid and waste from the body
* Boosting energy levels
* Improving digestion
* Strengthening the immune system
* Alleviating mental fatigue and increasing mental clarity
* Improving connection to the ‘self’ and encouraging well-being
As well as being deeply relaxing and providing relief from the everyday stresses, holistic therapy treatments can also be a fabulous treat for anyone who enjoys pampering themselves.
‘Body, mind and spirit are not separate parts. Instead they are more like lenses, or ways of focusing. The awareness of oneness, and the peace it brings, can be nurtured by anyone who is interested’